Patrick has over 25 years of securities industry experience. He started out at Prudential Bache in a branch support role, then became a Financial Advisor. Later, he moved to Paine Webber as an advisor and then to First Union Brokerage Services (FUBS) where he worked in the self-directed trading area. Through the company’s various mergers and growth, he was promoted to run the self-directed line of business, the customer service contact centers, online brokerage customer contact center, correspondent clearing customer contact centers and the asset management account contact center. The responsibilities of his teams included risk and analytics, middle office operations, online brokerage production support, quality assurance, learning and development.
- Developed two customer-facing online platforms, and designed and built out a Mass Market Advise strategy.
- Led significant merger integration work covering online and call centers, middle office operations, and sales teams.
- Ran integration efforts during a merger for the Direct Financial Solutions division of a multi-billion dollar nationwide broker-dealer, including a self-directed brokerage business with $8B in assets under management, online brokerage and IVR platform, customer contact centers, middle office support, analytics, reporting, risk, quality assurance, learning and development.
- Developed and implemented strategic initiatives in business development, operational efficiencies, risk and online.
- Managed regional sales locations, including Financial Advisor (FA) recruitment and partnerships with Bankers and Wealth producers and managers.
- Led teams supporting customers and FAs of the corresponding clearing firms, Private Client Group Independent Advisors and Latin America including the onboarding of new correspondent firms and new independent advisors.
- Provides guidance to broker-dealer clients on new products, fees and pricing, FA productivity, deal commitment, internet governance, mobile brokerage, best execution, and social networking.
- Managing Director, Wells Fargo Advisors
- President of Wachovia Securities Direct, Wachovia Securities
- CAO National Client Group, Wachovia Securities
- Regional Brokerage Manager, Wells Fargo Advisors, Wealth Brokerage Services
- Financial Advisor, Paine Webber, Prudential Bache Securities
Education, Accolades and Industry Commitments
- Master of Business Administration, Wake Forest University
- Bachelor of Arts and Science in Economics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- FINRA Series 4, 7, 9, 10, 63 registrations (Registrations are typically inactive, but may be used when appropriate to perform interim functions for our clients)