Junior brings to Oyster over 13 years of senior management experience with the Bermuda Police Service, as well as experience conducting AML/CFT compliance, CDD examination and remediation and working with local and international enforcement and regulatory agencies. While managing the Financial Crime Unit, Junior devised case investigation strategies, conducted investigations in response to international requests for assistance, implemented case management and review procedures. He worked closely with the local agencies to research and prepare reports in support of FATF requirements and domestic financial crime intelligence and complaints statistical reporting.
- While Managing the Financial Crime Unit, evaluated complaints and disclosures and devised case investigation strategies; conducted investigations in response to international request for assistance in financial crime investigations.
- Implemented case management and review procedures to ensure investigations conducted in a timely and effective manner.
- Worked in close liaison with the National Anti-Money Laundering Committee (NAMLC); the Department of Public Prosecutions; the Financial Intelligence Agency; and the Attorney General’s Chambers to research and prepare reports in support of FATF requirements and domestic financial crime intelligence and complaints statistical reporting.
- While serving as National Disaster Coordinator, liaised with Government House, Permanent Secretaries and other public and private sector entities in coordinating meetings of the Emergency Measures Organisation to plan for, and respond to, major emergencies.
- Managed criminal investigation units
- Managed the development and implementation of polices and operational procedures
- Planned and coordinated staff training development
- Administrator, AML/CTF Remediation Project Team, KPMG
- Chief Inspector in Charge, Criminal Investigations Department, Bermuda Police Service
- Chief Inspector in Charge, Operational Support Division, Bermuda Police Service
- Chief Inspector in Charge, Uniform Areas Patrols, Bermuda Police Service
- Chief Inspector in Charge, Service Delivery and Improvement Unit, Bermuda Police Service
- Inspector in Charge, Forensic Support Unit, Bermuda Police Service
Education, Accolades and Affiliations
- MSc., University of Leicester
- Post Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
- Financial Investigations Seminar, US Department of Justice Asset Forfeiture & Money Laundering Section
- Strategic Analysis Course for Financial Intelligence Unit, CICAD-OAS/EGMONT
- International Executive Diploma in Management, Chartered Management Institute