Joe brings more than 25 years of both front and back office experience in the financial services industry to his role as Senior Consultant at Oyster. His breadth of knowledge and experience spans broker-dealer operations, compliance, relationship management, client integrations and conversion events. Joe has worked multiple engagements with broker-dealers, clearing firms, and registered investment advisors, performing a varying scope of services including operational risk and readiness assessments, mock-audits, remediation projects and both trade and supervisory procedure reviews.
- Collaborated with Oyster colleagues in a comprehensive review of the SEC Rule 15c3-5 Program of a prominent broker-dealer. Analysis included a review of the Firm’s policies and procedures, trading platforms and other technologies designed to comply with the Rule.
- Completed a series of regional branch offices reviews and created detailed post-examination reports of findings.
- Participated in an external audit for a clearing firm which focused on the methodology used in Regulatory Reporting requirements associated with SEC Rule 15c3-1 and SEC Rule 15c3-3 for both Net Capital and the Reserve Formula.
- Performed suitability trade reviews for multiple products including equities, mutual funds and variable annuities for registered investment advisors and broker-dealer clients.
- Completed operations risk and readiness assessment for broker-dealer preparing for scheduled clearing firm change.
- Performed SEC mock audit for registered investment advisor firm focused specifically on Operational Controls.
- Participated in large remediation project focused on managed fee charges to retail clients. Scope included data analysis and verification.
- Administrative Complex Manager, RBC Wealth Management
- Director of Operations, JB Hanauer & Company
- Senior Relationship Manager (SVP), Wexford Clearing Services, LLC
- Operations Supervisor, Prudential Securities Inc.
Education, Accolades and Industry Commitments
- B.A., Brooklyn College
- FINRA Series 7, 9, 10, 24, 63, 65 registrations (Registrations are typically inactive, but may be used when appropriate to perform interim functions for our clients)