With a successful career in technology systems development, Jeff’s range of experience has given him solid foundation of business operations know-how and an understanding of what is required to successfully deliver technology solutions. Jeff began his career as a programmer with American Management Systems and his roles grew to include Team Lead for Sterling Wentworth and becoming Chief Executive Officer for Devyze.
- Created Layers Platform for rapid development of enterprise applications in financial services industry.
- Managed Product and QA teams (35 U.S. resources and 25 offshore resources)
- Oversaw Infrastructure and Technical Support and Implementation teams (25 resources)
- Jointly architected virtualized hosting environment to support SaaS product delivery model
- Developed 3 new products and expanded Synapse tool to support both Java and .NET client installations
- Migrated Synapse from C++ to Java and expanded into Rapid Application Development Tool
- Developed compliance surveillance product now used by most of the top tier insurance companies
- Created Synapse Rules Engine still used today across multiple products and hundreds of enterprises
- Moved onsite to Texas and developed product Cross-Seller for USAA using Synapse
- Implemented government financial mainframe computer system for the State of Utah
- Programmed, executed system tests, tuned production environment, and trained users
- Technology Manager: Tools, Product Development, Client Implementation, Client Service, Infrastructure, Architecture, Security, Quality Assurance
- Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, Sybase IQ, MySQL, DB2
- Web Platforms: Java EE (WebSphere, JBoss), ASP .NET MVC and Web Forms
- Infrastructure: Private Cloud, Virtualization Platform running over 500 VM’s, Various SAN technologies, Load Balancers, FTP servers, Disaster Recovery Sites, Business Continuity Plans
- Big Data: Architected product that captures and stores over a billion of rows daily and analyzes millions of transactions using scalable multi-server, multi-threaded processes.
- Globalization: Developed global products with clients throughout Europe and Asia. Launched original team in India (has grown from 3 to 50 employees).
- CEO – Devyze
- CTO, VP Technology, Technical Product Manager – SunGard
- Team Lead – Sterling Wentworth
- Programmer – American Management Systems
Education, Accolades and Industry Commitments
- Master of Business Administration, Brigham Young University
- Bachelor of Science, Information Systems, Brigham Young University