Email System Review
Email monitoring and retention systems are widely used to supervise correspondence and to retain records. Oyster can help you select the appropriate email system for your firm. Oyster will conduct testing to ensure your system’s lexicons are flagging emails where appropriate, and tune systems to reduce false positive results. Oyster can provide the following services to help make sure that your electronic record keeping process is compliant by:
- Conducting a gap analysis of email retention
- Assistance with tuning the lexicon and establishing bypass lists that will reduce the overall volume of queued messages
- Identifying sources of electronic communications that should be ingested into your platform (instant messages, social media, Bloomberg mail, etc.)
- Acting as an outsource provider to review email and social media
- Taking on the role of the designated third party downloader for electronic records as required by the SEC for broker-dealers.
The Oyster Difference
Oyster’s team members have worked with broker-dealers and investment advisors to improve their controls while creating efficiency. Our team has not only consulted on these projects, but have acted as principals responsible for electronic communications and recordkeeping. We understand that controls should be custom designed to fit your organization and can help you achieve industry best practices.