Department of Labor Fiduciary Standard
Assessments and Compliance
The new Department of Labor Fiduciary Rule (DOL Rule) changes the meaning of “fiduciary” under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), expanding the definition of financial professionals who are deemed to be fiduciaries. It will impact across our industry, presenting challenges to many current business models. While the finalized DOL Rule is less burdensome than initially proposed, it is, nonetheless, expected to cause substantial change in the Financial Services industry. Advice provided to clients for qualified retirement plans and IRAs as well as other products are impacted by the DOL Rule.
Oyster Consulting is presenting a series of webinars to assist firms with their assessment, implementation and testing as the DOL Rule becomes active. Webinar slides are available to download here.
As the various DOL Fiduciary Rule deadlines approach, your firm must assess its current business lines, investment offerings, compliance program and determine what changes will have to be made and how to best implement and monitor those changes. For some firms, compliance with the rule will be an enormous undertaking, taxing firm resources. For others, implementation may mean making minor changes to policies and procedures. If your firm has limited capacity to manage the necessary assessments, implementation, and monitoring, Oyster can supplement your staff. We can help to manage and guide your project to successful completion.
Please complete the form below to download more information on the new DOL Fiduciary Rule, including:
Slides from our recent webinars:
- Anatomy of a Risk Assessment – Preparing for the DOL Fiduciary Rule Change – August 31, 2016
- Now What – Next Steps in Preparing for the DOL Fiduciary Rule Changes – October 26, 2016
- Are You Ready for June 9th and the DOL Fiduciary Rule – April 10, 2017
- Are You Ready for April – Training and Education Around the DOL Fiduciary Rule Change – January 11, 2017
- The Countdown is On – What’s Your DOL Game Plan – May 10, 2017
- DOL Check In – Where Are We Now – June 28, 2017
Downloadable blog posts:
- Stop Waiting – The DOL Fiduciary Rule Implementation is June 9th – May 23, 2017
- DOL Fiduciary Rule – What You Need to Do by June 9th – May 8, 2017
- Preparation for Compliance with the DOL Fiduciary Rule: The Review Process – August 8, 2016
- The Challenge of Complying with Multiple and Differing Fiduciary Rules – June 8, 2016
- DOL Fiduciary Rule – What IAs Should Be Doing Now – April 20, 2016
- DOL Fiduciary Rule – How Will It Impact Investment Advisors – April 18, 2016
- DOL Fiduciary Rule -Time for Acceptance – April 13, 2016
- The SEC’s ReTIRE Initiative – An Examination Initiative Focused on Products and Services Provided to Retail Investors Saving for Retirement – February 8, 2016
- Dept of Labor Fiduciary Standard White Paper